Another late-night Friday

The week was so productive, I’ve lost track. Bean is still alternating between panic she won’t and belief that she will finish packing in the next 12 days available to her.  We see things disappearing at a rather alarming rate, but who knows where they are going and what she does with them when they get there. Boxes are everywhere.

After the POD unloading and panic over the vast number of chairs we own, Bean listed 7 matching ones last night on FB Marketplace as well as a vintage mahogany leather-topped pedestal side table. By morning, both listings were spoken for and (cash in Bean’s pocket) are now out of the garage, freeing up valuable space for the Christmas bins when the movers come.

Bean also responded to a survey regarding her thoughts about the Bamboo Store and the Bamboo Installers.  The installers received high praise, the store not so much. But hey, you get what you give.

The Master Bedroom looks almost like a real bedroom.  Took poor Bean days to get the bed made.  It has a memory foam topper on it.  Anyone with memory foam experience knows it weighs a ton.  This one had a full zippered cover on it, but the cover, which was shipped unprotected, was filthy. first order of business was to get it off. Bean won the battle and popped it into the previously untried washer, and then to the dryer.  The moment of truth arrived when it was dry and had to be put back on the foam. Anyone who has tried pulling a thin and at least partially nylon cover over foam of any kind will immediately recognize that the combination of cover and heavy foam did not bode well. Much heaving and flopping of foam, quite a few words we were not supposed to hear, and about an hour later, there was a sign of great relief.  By that time, Bean was exhausted, and simply walked away.

During the process of recognizing the cover to the foam needed cleaning came another moment of recognition: the mattress cover was TRASH. She wadded this up and sent it to the great can in the sky, then ordered another.  It arrived the day after she wrestled the cover back on the foam, so she wrestled it on the bed, and added sheets. But after a zillion trips around the king bed, she again was exhausted. But on the third day,  she added a bedspread, the pillows, and voila! The bed was made and the bedroom was orderly. Three more pieces of furniture will be added when the movers come, but Bean is pleased.  She calls it done and ready to use.

Packing and moving is the daily event.  It’s pretty dull activity, but in the end, it will be done…and then that garage full of unpacked boxes will end up in the doll space where they belong, and the business of unpacking can at last happen.  We dollies look forward to that day since we have been homeless, other than countertops and windowsills, for the past year.  We have high hopes that the exhaustion of packing, moving, and arranging all the small and big loose items will not prevent the Bean from finally unpacking our things from the multitude of boxes they called home for the last year.

Smidge says we should have a giant yard sale and then remodel the Big House.  Hmm.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s